Sunday, November 1, 2009

ACRWorks Blog.. Day #1

I am so excited to be beginning my very first blog. Even more excited because this is the beginning of ACRWorks, (Alternative Conflict Resolution Works) which I have been working toward for almost 10 years.

The intention of my blog is to write about my personal journey into the field of mediation and conflict management as I wrap up my masters degree in conflict management and complete my civil mediation certification, as well as provide ongoing education, tips and news regarding this field.

When I was beginning my associates degree in Sullivan University's paralegal program, one of my instructors had discussed with the class how mediation was a new emerging field for which she opined that paralegals, because of their knowledge of the law, would make great mediators. When I did some further research I realized how much I could identify with this field, and how much more empowering it is for individuals to work through their own disputes which affect their lives, rather than through litigation and I wanted to be a part of that process. I wanted to help people resolve their conflicts on their own.

I can't wait to begin sharing the benefits of conflict management with everyone. Each day I hope to be able to post a little more about me and this very important field.

Have a good night..

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment