Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Project PEACEWorks

Hello everyone!  Wow it has been a week and I apologize for not getting my survey posted on "What Conflict Management Style Are You?".  I hope to have this available in the next day or so.  It has been a crazy week!

I have been pondering on what news I wanted to share with everyone and my mind kept focusing on the workshop I will be rolling out in the spring of 2010.  Project PEACEWorks.  I am so excited about this workshop and my opportunity to share and educate our youth on the importance of our relationships with others.  Specifically, this workshop will educate our children on proactive as well as reactive skills for addressing conflict. 

Our children are faced with such a magnitude of issues throughout their school years.  Some of the issues they face are dealing with feelings; peer acceptance; divorce; competition; appearance; depression; loneliness; feelings of being out of control of a situation; emotional needs such as feeling important; being popular; and being loved.  Children have a difficult time expressing what or how they feel.  Many times, they are not even sure what it is they are feeling, they just know there is something wrong. 

Changes in society demand our youth acquire more than just an education in english and math, but they need to be educated in communication skills and how to handle adversity and diversity.   This workshop is being created to open up their interior tool box and give them the training they need to use these tools effectively and productively. 

I am really just scratching the surface on this topic, but wanted to begin sharing with everyone the plans for a very important skill building workshop that will help our children work together more productively and peacefully.  They are the reflections of the future!

I welcome your thoughts and comments.

Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment